My Complete Miscarriage

My photo
I recently experienced a micarriage. I wanted to become as knowledgeable about what I was going through as I could, so I read all I could find on the Internet and in books. I felt like I should share my story to help others who were going through a miscarriage.

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Cheap Ovulation Tests!

When I got on Amazon to order my new books, I stumbled across these cheap ovulation test strips that I keep reading about.  They are about $5.00 for a pack of 40 ovulation strips plus 10 pregnancy test strips.  Now, I know this sounds too good to be true and I'm sure it is.  I have taken an ovulation test every day and nearly every day the test band has shown up almost as dark as the control band.  I was starting to wonder if this was just because it is a cheap test and the test band just shows up no matter what, so I decided to try a pregnancy strip.  Well, the pregnancy strip turned out negative, with no pink test band whatsoever.  This makes me think that the ovulation strip is at least trying. 

Today the band was a little less pink than it has been over the past few days.  Maybe I ovulated???  I can't really tell at all.  Over the weekend, starting on Friday I believe, I noticed some signs that I was probably ovulating.  I really don't know what to think.  I want to take a pregnancy test as soon as I can to see if I did ovulate and conceived, but since my blood test just one week ago was negative, there really is no point in trying for another week at least. 

When I was pregnant I got a positive about a week and a half after I ovulated.  I used the early response test.  I'm not expecting these cheap tests to give me a result that quick.  I will just use them when I know good and well it's not worth testing!  Why do I test when I know it's probably pointless?  Is anyone else as crazy about it as me?

These are what the cheap test strips look like- You can see my (negative??) test below:




No comments:

Post a Comment