My Complete Miscarriage

My photo
I recently experienced a micarriage. I wanted to become as knowledgeable about what I was going through as I could, so I read all I could find on the Internet and in books. I felt like I should share my story to help others who were going through a miscarriage.

Sunday, September 26, 2010

New Clothes

When I was pregnant, I gained a few pounds because of all of the snacks and extra food I was eating.  I felt like while I was pregnant I didn't want to deprive the baby of any nutrients, so if I was hungry, I ate.  I have always been small, so gaining even just 5 pounds is a big deal for me.  I was having difficulty wearing my normal clothes while I was in my first few weeks of pregnancy, but I didn't want to buy new things since I would have to get maternity clothes soon.  Well, after I lost the baby, I still needed those new clothes.  So a couple of weeks ago I went and bought nearly $300 worth of clothing that would fit me better.  I never do things like that, in fact I wear the same clothes for years sometimes and rarely buy enough new things to wear.  But that day, it made me feel so good trying those clothes on and feeling better about what I was wearing and how it made me look.  Thankfully, I had a gift card for most of what I bought, but I still spent more money than I should have.  I don't think my husband understood why I felt like I wanted those clothes so much.  I think he was just thinking about the money.  I'm not even sure I want all of the clothes anymore.  He says I should keep them.  I need to just wash them and hang them in the closet so I can stop thinking about taking them back.  I deserve them, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment