My Complete Miscarriage

My photo
I recently experienced a micarriage. I wanted to become as knowledgeable about what I was going through as I could, so I read all I could find on the Internet and in books. I felt like I should share my story to help others who were going through a miscarriage.

Sunday, September 26, 2010

The End of my pregnancy

4 days after the bleeding started I lost the baby.  I'll spare the details because it's hard to write.  Anway, when it happened I knew.  There was no mistaking what I saw.  However, I called the doctor (after calling my husband to come home from work).  We went to her office and she did another ultrasound.  I was right.  The baby was not there, as it had been just two days before.  I could hardly believe it.  I was in a state of denial and depression for several days.  I felt like it could not be real.  I had all these pictures in my mind for the next 9 months.  It was hard to accept that they were not going to be happening to me.  I felt horrible.  These feelings lasted for about a week.  After that, I accepted things but still was very sad when I would think about what happened.  And that's kind of the state I'm at right now.  Accepting, but sad.  And all I want is to get pregnant again.  I feel like I am SUPPOSED to be pregnant right now.  I was supposed to be pregnant until the spring.  Today I am still thinking about my baby and the baby I hope to conceive very soon.

2 comments:

  1. I noticed the comment you left on my blog and decided to follow yours. I am so sorry for your loss! It is the worst feeling, to be so excited to be pregnant, and then for it to be gone! It's devistating.

    Have you gone back to read about my miscarriage or trying to conceive? I think you'll find you're definitely not alone. I was 7 weeks when my baby's heart stopped beating as well. We also had previously seen the heart beat. I didn't wait to pass the baby on my own, I had a D&C. Just wanted it over with. After that I didn't get another period to even try to conceive again for 66 days! We went back to the fertility clinic shortly after and conceived again. We are now blessed with our son.

    It's a terrible statistic, but it did help me realize there was nothing I did that caused the miscarriage, and nothing that could have prevented it, but 25% of first pregnancies end in miscarriage. That's 1 in 4 women! Hang in there, there's a lot of healing to do, but you will. And you too will be blessed again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing! I will look more at your blog to learn more of your story as well. Thank you for the encouragement. I'm trying to be positive right now and I feel optimistic that this will not happen to me again. I try to remember how common it really is and that I am not the only one going through this. It helps to hear encouraging words, so thank you!!!

    ReplyDelete